I am happy to share my almost-finished baby room project. I decided I wanted to sew some bedding and window coverings for the baby room for our little girl, so I set out on a quest to find the "perfect fabric." After much searching, and practically driving to every fabric store along the Wasatch Front, my Mom and I found just what I was looking for. Apparently Ben didn't know that I was such a seamstress, but I just had to remind him that I took years of Kids Can Sew classes as a kid and that I have made us Halloween costumes over the years.
We are just about finished with the baby's room and it is just one more thing that gets us excited for our new little baby that is fast approaching her debut. Ben (with the help of Art and Lesli- THANKS!) painted the room (no more brown wood paneling!) and made some other modifications to get it ready and I jumped into my sewing project. We are still waiting on a couple of things to complete the room, but you will just have to come over for a visit to get the final product.
9 comments:
MEg- I LOVE the finished product! You really are quite the sewer!! I'm very impressed! A woman of many talents! The fabric is darling- and I definitely want to come over and get the full effect :) Take care- it's getting closer and closer! Amber
I love the bed. It's so hip. hmmm.. I wondering if you would mind making me some bumper pads for my bed . . ok let's be serious, for my crib.
Oh meg, I had no idea you were such and amazing seamstress. I will give you the pattern and you can make your own cloth diapers!!! :)
oh, it's beautiful. i love it! way to go magpie (a julie boyer prodigy). the little babe will have the hippest room in town.
Very impressive Megan! This makes me so excited for the little one's arrival!
Megan, it looks so great! I am impressed by your sewing abilities and, as always, by your sense of style. We can't wait to see your baby's room and meet the darling little thing!
Amy
So Cute Meggie! I haven't checked your blog in awhile I guess- you have 3 new posts! That is so great & I can't wait to see the baby's room!!!
I LOVE the fabric!!! When I saw it I knew that you made that!! It's adorable!! You need to show Ben your tie overalls remember those?? Meg you look BEAUTIFUL superprego!! So... what are you going to call her??
Go you!! Look at how perfect her nursery is!! You are sew talented--ha ha...can you teach me how to sew?
Post a Comment