8 Months
Our sweet Maria turned 8 months. She continues to bring more joy to our lives than we could have ever imagined. I was a bit worried that Maria wouldn't get very much attention from other people that didn't know her when we moved to Oregon, but there has been no lack of attention given to this little munchkin, especially because she continues to capture peoples' attention around her and is so interactive.
Maria's stats:
Ht: 26 inches
Wt: 19 pounds
Still pretty bald but some hints of curls!
Still our chubby "Chunk of Burning Love"
Maria's latest milestones:
**She got her first tooth. I think it has been trying to break through for a while. The tooth is now a new toy of sorts for Maria.
**She continues to love music. Last week (the day we got our new computer - YEAH!!!!) while Ben was setting up iTunes, some ACDC song came on and Ben was singing to it. Maria and I were in the other room and she got so excited and starting "singing" and moving all over. She loves music!
**She is such a good sport! Maria has traveled (by car, plane, stroller, backpack, etc.) so much in her short life and continues to enjoy it quite a bit. One of our favorite things about pushing Maria in the stroller or carrying her on our backs is that she hums and talks to us so much of the time. Baby sounds....nothing better.
**She is standing on everything: the rocker, the couch, the crib (inside and out...a little more difficult to think "Oh, she'll go back to sleep," when she is standing in the crib!), and whatever else she can pull herself up on.
**She still says "Hi." It always catches me off guard, but she will say it when I say, "Good Morning Maria, Hi, How was your sleep?" I think it catches other people by surprise too.
**She loves the water. We went to the Aquatic Center on Saturday (her "birthday") and Maria crawled through the water, even over the spraying fountains and it didn't even phase her.
**She likes to throw things out of her crib and still manages to get her arm (sometimes arms) out our her night gowns...looks like she is wearing a tube top when I go and get her out of bed in the morning.
**She loves to look at herself, in the mirror or a screensaver or pictures...she just lights up and squeals with excitement.
Maria has made our move to Oregon and my move to being a stay-at-home mom so much more enjoyable. With her little songs and babblings, slobbery "kisses," soft baby-soft skin and touch, big smile, and huge amount of happiness and excitement for life, Maria has made Ben and I feel like we can do this and we can have a great time as we do it. We love you Maria.
15 comments:
I miss and love little Maria! I hope you are doing well in Oregon and enjoying your new life! Love ya Meg!
Look at those eyes!! What a beautiful girl! Happy she is getting great attention in your new place. Hope you continue to settle in well!
Megan, thanks for taking time to let us all get to know Maria! I wish we could see her for real though!!!
What part of Oregon did you move to? How do you like it? I am from Portland and my have family that still lives there.
What a sweet tribute to your darling blue eyed babe! Yes, you're in trouble, sounds so much like my wild, ever-busy boy. Aren't they the greatest?! Glad you're enjoying your new surroundings and getting to stay-at-home for now...soak it all in while you can. XOXO
awww... I miss my pooky bear!!! I am crying at the thought of you all no longer being in utah ( i know its been weeks) I really need to visit asap.
yes liz, you do!
It was so good to talk to you today!! I miss you and so glad to hear that you all have adjusted to the move.
Oh how I love your new posts! Your trip to Hawaii looks like a dream. I love the family pic on the beach. I miss you Megus...I am calling you today...but I think it's still to early in Oregon.
Maria is soooooo adorable!!! She deserves every second of all that attention - sounds like she is so much fun! Glad everything is going well in Oregon. Utah misses you guys - but I think you will love living there!
Oh how I miss that darling smile of Maria's!! She is so adorable and of course I miss you and Ben a ton! It was good to talk to you and I am so happy you are easily making Oregon your home... I knew you would! Love you Meg and love the posts!
Megan, glad to see you have found my horribly outdated blog - it will get better now that boards are done...lots of catching up to do.
I just took the PANCE this week - passed, thankfully - and just this Wednesday, I accepted a job offer at Utah Valley Reg Medical Center with Neurosurgery. I will be like Jenna, Chris Malone's sister at IMC. It will def be an adventure, since I don't know much about neurosurg, and they are creating this position - I am the first at this hospital. I will be solely inpatient - helping them with traumas, consults, etc. with some surgery. Best part is it's M-F, no call.....I'm excited & scared all at once!
Mark is well - working hard as always - but it is about to start hunting season so he is happy.
How is Ben liking the job? Is it everything you guys hoped for? Once again - your little Maria is gorgeous! I can tell you're loving every minute with her! But how can you not?
Megan! I am so happy I found your blog! I miss working with you so much! It has been a long time! Over four years, that we worked together on IMC. It looks like you are doing well. Let me know what you are up to.
My email is: amber.jensen79@gmail.com
My blog is: jensenfamilyfour@blogspot.com
-Amber
8 mos already?! She is a sweetie--oh my gorgeous blue eyes! Are you liking your new area? Is it feeling like Fall weather? You guys are awesome!
Whoa 8 months seems like it flew! She is such a beautiful girl! I really like the 8 or so month age . . . they've grown up enough to really interact a lot with you and they are learning lots of new things every day, but they aren't quite mobile enough to be climbing the walls yet. So fun!
So nice you are able to stay home with her. The transition to the stay-at-home mom thing is hard. I was afraid I would get bored, but I ended up really really loving it. I have gone back to work, but just one day a week. I find when I work more than that I just miss all the cute every day stuff with my kids!
Sounds like you are enjoying Oregon, that is great!
Post a Comment