The Corvallis Top 10

Our Top 10 Reasons we are growing fond of our new home, and your Top 10 Reasons to come and visit!
10. The Chicago Dog!!!! Yes, we are in Corvallis, but they have this great little hot dog stand/shop that has a killer hot pastrami and some good Dogs too (though I will not eat one!).
9. Berry and Kiwi Picking! I've been to the farms several times to pick blueberries and raspberries. We pick black berries off the sides of the roads and found a U-Pick Kiwi farm on the way to Portland. We have quite the stock of frozen berries and my mom and I even made raspberry freezer jam before she left.8. Yoga on the deck....with this view. Breathe in.......breathe out. Namaste. Yes, we live in the forest! We have some deer that hang out in our yard along with a lot of birds, squirrels and chipmunks. So peaceful.
7. Night Mountain Bike Rides. Ben goes with a group of guys every Thursday night at 9 pm to mountain bike ON THE TRAILS! The first night he went he came home and you would have thought it was Christmas...He had so much fun!
6. Go Beavers! The Oregon State University pride here is like nothing we have seen before. Rain or shine, there is Orange and Black everywhere on game days (and the Friday before).
5. The local Corvallis Farmer's Market (every Wednesday and Saturday). This Market is so impressive and it just makes me feel good about life when I go to it. I can't help but to smile as I walk through the stands.





4. Corvallis Community. We have been very impressed with the number of things there are to do in Corvallis to better ourselves (mind, body) and our environment. There is a fabulous library, races/rides and physical exercise things, so many community classes (we've already taken two) and numerous opportunities to help keep the earth a good place to live....Yes, I know, I am in OREGON and it is a little "greener"... and we like it!
3. Parks and Hiking and Biking Trails. There are so many trails and parks in and around Corvallis. Between the two of us, Ben and I spend time on the trails almost everyday. The trails are well maintained and the trees and ferns create quite the setting. 2. Corvallis Life and Entertainment. It seems that there is some sort of festival or market or activity going on downtown every weekend, and they are all supported by the people in the community...oh, and there seems to be a family and/or kid-friendly part to all of the events. We really like how people ride their bikes so much. We even saw these people riding a tandum bike with a tag-along kid bike attached to the back.
And the number 1 reason:
1. Time Together. We have each other...our little family together in Oregon.

XOXOXO, us

6 comments:

Amber said...

Wow that looks so beautiful there! I have to admit, Kansas City isn't quite that breathtaking. What an awsome deck and backyard. I'm going to have to make a trip there someday for sure! I'm so glad you are settling in so well. Take Care

Marcy said...

Awww! Jealous! Moving to a cool place probably makes the move much easier. I would totally be up for visiting sometime. Your Maria is such a darling little baby. What a cute family you have!

Kate said...

I'm so glad you made it there safely and are getting settled in! It looks like a great place to live. Your babe is adorable...

Lizbeth said...

remind me why i didnt move up there with you again?? geeez, it sounds and looks so awesome, i am even more jealous now that i previously was, which i thought would be impossible. ps that hot dog made me throw up in my mouth, is that green jello on it?

Alisa and Crowells said...

For FUN! Look at all of the things to do! I LOVE Maria's beanie--to die for! All of the fresh fruits and veggies--WOW~ I would be in heaven!! Did you get those fresh flowers from the stands, too. How awesome is that!

Rosanne said...

I am glad you are happy in your new place! Looks awesome! Sometimes i wouldn't mind moving somewhere new - just for the experiences. But I love my home too. ;)