
Grandpa Wallace (Ben's Grandpa, lucky for me I get to call him Grandpa too!), recieved an honor and even had Jan. 4, 2011 named after him by the City of Ogden.
I was able to attend the City Council meeting where the recognition award and plaque was presented to Ben's Dad, Aunt and Uncles in honor of their Dad, Gilbert Wallace. It was a great experience to see, once again, how much of an impact for good Grandpa Wallace has had, and continues to have. I was so proud to be there and even more proud to say that I was one of his, and he one of mine.
The plaque declaring Jan. 4, 2011 as Gilbert Wallace Day said a number of wonderful things about Grandpa Wallace:
-One of the "Fathers of the Ogden Trails"
-has been an inexhaustable champion of the trails
-Gib's infectious enthusiasm, outstanding knowledge, experience, and unselfish efforts have allowed him to become a key spokesperson for the beauty and wonder of the trails.
(click on picture to read...great tribute)
Ogden City will even be renaming the Mount Ogden Exercise Trail "Gib's Loop"!
I know Grandpa is smiling down from above...
I was able to attend the City Council meeting where the recognition award and plaque was presented to Ben's Dad, Aunt and Uncles in honor of their Dad, Gilbert Wallace. It was a great experience to see, once again, how much of an impact for good Grandpa Wallace has had, and continues to have. I was so proud to be there and even more proud to say that I was one of his, and he one of mine.
The plaque declaring Jan. 4, 2011 as Gilbert Wallace Day said a number of wonderful things about Grandpa Wallace:
-One of the "Fathers of the Ogden Trails"
-has been an inexhaustable champion of the trails
-Gib's infectious enthusiasm, outstanding knowledge, experience, and unselfish efforts have allowed him to become a key spokesperson for the beauty and wonder of the trails.
(click on picture to read...great tribute)
Ogden City will even be renaming the Mount Ogden Exercise Trail "Gib's Loop"!
I know Grandpa is smiling down from above...
1 comment:
Ahh...I miss him.
Post a Comment