
Portland that is! 
Our VDD selection: Voodoo Doll, Bacon Maple (x2-the men's choice), Old Dirty &*%$#@@, Blueberry Cake, and Mexican Hot Chocolate.
I seem to be devising little itineries for a day in Portland every time we have visitors, and each time I am faced with the same questions:
What are they going to want to do?
To which I respond:
I don't know!
Sooo...this is what we ended up doing: I drove the kids (3 of them, all of whom slept in the car on the drive) to breakfast at Stepping Stone Cafe then we went to Nob Hill for a little bit of shopping. (Remember we had a real man with us who doesn't like to shop. B doesn't like to either...so I am used to this.) Liz and I could have stayed there all day, but I have to give her something to come back to visit, right? We roamed around Downtown and then picked up some donuts at the famous (maybe?) Voodoo Donuts. That was an experience in it of itself. We had some good laughs in that shop. More shopping in Pioneer Place and even some vintage shopping on the east side of Burnside, and then out to the food carts for a late lunch. The sun finally peaked it's beautiful face out for us, so we ate in the park and fed our leftovers to the crazy birds. Then back to the car to get the sweet children some nappy time!
Ha ha...I had to smile tho watching them all sleeping.
**I do have a question to ask my small number of friends that read this blog. What do you like to do in Portland? Do you have any 'off the beaten path' things to do? This is the place to comment with some suggestions... Can you add to the usual list: Nob Hill shops, Pittock Mansion, Washington Park sites (Zoo, Mueseum, etc.), Powell's, Pioneer Square, Waterfront, and OMSI (with older kids...haven't done that yet).
The travel planner thanks you!

Our VDD selection: Voodoo Doll, Bacon Maple (x2-the men's choice), Old Dirty &*%$#@@, Blueberry Cake, and Mexican Hot Chocolate.
I seem to be devising little itineries for a day in Portland every time we have visitors, and each time I am faced with the same questions: What are they going to want to do?
To which I respond:
I don't know!
Sooo...this is what we ended up doing: I drove the kids (3 of them, all of whom slept in the car on the drive) to breakfast at Stepping Stone Cafe then we went to Nob Hill for a little bit of shopping. (Remember we had a real man with us who doesn't like to shop. B doesn't like to either...so I am used to this.) Liz and I could have stayed there all day, but I have to give her something to come back to visit, right? We roamed around Downtown and then picked up some donuts at the famous (maybe?) Voodoo Donuts. That was an experience in it of itself. We had some good laughs in that shop. More shopping in Pioneer Place and even some vintage shopping on the east side of Burnside, and then out to the food carts for a late lunch. The sun finally peaked it's beautiful face out for us, so we ate in the park and fed our leftovers to the crazy birds. Then back to the car to get the sweet children some nappy time!
Ha ha...I had to smile tho watching them all sleeping.
**I do have a question to ask my small number of friends that read this blog. What do you like to do in Portland? Do you have any 'off the beaten path' things to do? This is the place to comment with some suggestions... Can you add to the usual list: Nob Hill shops, Pittock Mansion, Washington Park sites (Zoo, Mueseum, etc.), Powell's, Pioneer Square, Waterfront, and OMSI (with older kids...haven't done that yet).
The travel planner thanks you!
3 comments:
OMSI is actually fantastic for kids Maria's age too. They have a kids area that has a great water feature, big sand box with toys, art projects, animal habitat with dress up (my kids fav), ETC. Asher LOVES it. We literally stay for HOURS.
You about have it covered. Oh, unless there is a good show... that would take us to Portland. I have done Lion King, India Irie, dixie chicks, and Lilith Fair. My sister knows of lots of good places to eat. I mean to ben super fun and get up there a lot, but with 3 small ones, Omsi is about all we can handle.
Oh meg, you are a great travel guide and I LOVED everything we did but mostly just loved being with you. That's what matters to your friends and family and anything "extra" you take them to is just icing on the cake. love ya tons and have a blast in Hawaii! You and Brek are killing me!
Post a Comment