Seattle, Tulips, Good Friends, and New Yorkers




I love to get out and explore...discovering new places and revisiting those that I didn't get enough of the first (and second and third) time. I think Seattle and the Mt. Vernon Tulip Festival are both places that I will love to return to again and again.
I first visited Seattle in 2002 (or '03) to see my good friend Shelley. Shelley and I met in 2000 (I think) on a study abroad in Mexico and have been close friends since. It was in '02 that Shelley first showed me the lovely Tulips of Washington! Oh, they are beautiful and the Skaggit Valley is so quaint and relaxing that you can't go there and not feel refreshed and rejuvinated. Shelley is due with her second baby in about a month and I am so glad I was able to see her. Her little girl, Rue, and Maria had a ball together too. Thanks to Shelley (and hubs Casey) for giving us a room and being such good friends.


We wouldn't let an opportunity to see our favorite Dave and Emily pass us up....ever!
Dave called about a month or so ago to tell us they would be coming the Seattle for a much-needed get away from the city, the big city of NY. He asked if we wanted to meet up while they were in the NW. OF COURSE!!! Ben was sad not to be able to be there, but he was via cell phone, if that counts. I was all giddy to see some of my dear family and really looked forward to seeing Dave and Em. We ate some great fish at Ivers. Even Maria had her own fish and chips (which she ate all of), some of my salmon, a crab tail and a mussel! That's my girl... a good eater! We walked all over Seattle, hung out at Pike's Market, took the ferry to Bainbridge and had some good food with some bad customer service. The ferry ride was the best part with Maria's dance moves as Dave mc'd with his iPhone. Good times! Dave and Em were a proud Aunt and Uncle (my cousins...but we just had Maria think they were A and U) and taught Maria how to "Salute" and give knuckles with the explosion to follow. I love that I have cousins (and their great choice of spouses) to love. Hopefully I can come and visit you soon....In Neeeewwww Yooooork!

**On a side note- Maria got into my make-up and gave herself a half mustache...similar to the baby on Adams Family, just halved. Just pretend my eyes are open in the Pike's pic. The wall-o-gum by Maria is in an alley right behind Pike Place.

2 comments:

Lizbeth said...

so fun! i cant wait to go there again. . . maybe you should plan another visit up there...say, august 22? Yes, yes you should.

Kara said...

Those pics are so pretty with the tulips!!