Maria Making Me Smile...

Today while washing some dishes, I accidentally dropped a glass into the sink. I tried catching it, but instead caught my hand on the jagged broken edge, to which I replied with a loud "Ouuuch." I didn't get cut badly or anything, no worries. The best part of the whole thing was hearing and watching Maria at the little kid table singing a made up song that went something like this, "OK Mommy, It OK Mommy. Sink bonk Mommy. It OK. It OK Mommy," and rocking side to side to the beat. It was so cute! She is such a compassionate little girl.

On a lighter note, she is really into smelling and is always talking about how the seagull pooped on Daddy at the beach (and other bathroom 'humor,' tips to stop this?)...really she talks about it all the time and just cracks up about it. Today I was carrying her up the stairs and she put her hand in my armpit (yes after working out - I was all sweaty). I told her she probably didn't want to do that because I was all sweaty. She removes her hand and paid me a huge compliment, "Eeeew Mommy, Peeeeeee Yoooooou!" This was followed by her little laugh and the nose plug. Classic Maria.

We baked cookies with Maria's best girlfriends Tess and Emory this afternoon, per Maria's 50 million request - no lie! We are REALLY going to miss them when they move. Oh, and I will miss there cool Mom, Rachel.

For the day's finale, Ben broke out of his comfort zone and did Maria's swim class with her while I got to sit back and smile some more. They were so cute to watch. Ben was all nervous because he doesn't know all the silly songs or the little swimming exercises, but Maria was in heaven having here Daddy in the pool with her. It was priceless.
Look at that profile. Love it!!!
I have no idea why she was raising her hand, but she was pretty serious about making sure teacher Jen saw her.How can you not smile at this,
and this!
Oh to be young again.
This is why we have kids...to help us remember.

4 comments:

Jennifer and Tyler said...

things I love about these last posts. I love swimming babies! I love the belly coming out of the suit, priceless. I love the mom you are. and I love you meg, but you already know that.

The Maughans said...

We are going to miss you guys too... tremendously! No more late night Ticket to Ride, watching Maria, swearing at sewing machines, or just chillin'. Cue Depression.
Love the jumping swim pic!

Tyler Waterfall said...

I love these pictures! Maria is so full of LIFE--just like you and Ben. I can't wait to spend some time with her this summer.
Amy

Chris and Paige Bell said...

So fun! Maria is a doll in her swimsuit.