This is Halloween!

(Lydia made these choco skeletons) (Jared cracked me up with his Youth sized Star Wars get-up)


(And this gorilla caused Maria a couple traumatic nights of nightmares..."I no like that monkey...He scare me!" She was freaked!)

Can I just say that I get a kick out of Halloween. I remember the anticipated holiday from when I was young...trick-or-treating in the cold (sometimes snowy) night til way late, singing "Bones, bones, bones, rattle, rattle..." for the Treehouse Halloween play, eating chili with my family before going out, and dressing up in some pretty good costumes too. Still today, I look forward to it this spooky and fun-filled excuse for a holiday.
This was our first year we stayed in Corvallis for Halloween, and we had a pretty good time.
We had some friends over for a little Halloween Bash...played your basic Halloween games, had chili and some other spooky treats, oh, and let's not forget the witches brew.
Ben made himself a bat costume with arms/wings out of a black umbrella and Maria and I were witches.

(Two families of carvers took part in these cool pumpkins!)

3 comments:

Libby said...

Them are some snazzy pumpkins!!

Several other items-I adore those pig-tailed pictures of Miss Maria below (I can't wait for my lil' miss to outgrow her mullet and have girl hair...sigh). And the sheepie pictures-so pretty. Also-congratulations on your little girl news. January will be here before you know it! Exciting!!

Lizbeth said...

So fun! Next year, count me in!

Breklyn said...

Awesome Halloween party! Love your witches brew pic. And I totally remember our Treehouse performance days. Maria is looking SO grown up! Love her animal game pose, so creative :) Your Europe trip sounds amazing too. Brave travels with a toddler. Hope you and the baby bump are feeling good. xoxo