Drama Queen





For the record:
Maria has become more dramatic over the last few months. The whole saying, "Save the drama for your mama" couldn't be more true.

I have been reading a book (How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk - Faber and Mazlish)that was recommended by the Pediatrician on how to talk and listen to your kids. I have been trying to use some of the new methods to aid me in dealing with the drama and tears and emotions that have surfaced in our little Wallace world. This girl has some big feelings, which she likes to communicate with, "I not feeling very well. My tummy really hurt," or "I so sad Mommy....," or "I so happy when..."

It is a pretty regular occurence to hear Maria say (or more like cry), "I so sad, because....because....because (sniff, sniff) I really miss my cousins!" It is quite sad at times, especially when she has tears streaming down her face.

At night if Maria is not satisfied with her tenth story (ok, maybe not tenth) and wants her Dad to tell her another made-up story, we will hear her crying out, "Daddddddddy, I just want my Daddy to hold me." If that doesn't work she start in with the other parent: Me. Yep, I am the runner up for the best holder apparently.

Maria is Malan's quite the little baby advocate when it comes to her emotional state. If Malan is crying, Maria usually says, "Baby May-yan is so sad because she want you to hold she. Mommy, you need to hold she because she is sad."

It is pretty cute to see them together.

3 comments:

The Maughans said...

I swear, if I took a time machine back 4 1/2 years, I would sound exactly like you. Adding new family members is awesome, hard, and works out in the end, I promise!

Katie said...

These pictures of her make me laugh so hard. I love them! Oh Maria, you little drama-rama.
And it makes me so sad that she's sad about missing her cousins. W can be included in the sadness. Boo hoo!
We miss you all the time. W is always asking about going to Oh-eh-gun where Nonnie is. Awww

The Skiing Wallaces said...

She is so cute I could die! (And so is her bedspread btw!!!) It is funny for me, too, to have a little girl in the house after all these years. I forgot that they are pretty much BORN dramatic! LOVE that she is such a LOVING girl- even with all the other emotions mixed in. :)