Maria - Happenings in May

We have been working on talking about what Maria is thankful for each day. In an attempt to help her understand, I have been asking her what she loves. She can come up with lots of things that she loves!
When it came to saying her prayers, Maria started saying things like this: "...and I love my Daddy, and I love my Mommy. I love my bed and my beebee May May, and I love myself. I love Jesus. I love my princess dress..."
Oh, so cute.
*The part about I love myself...Ben and I (who were seated on either side of Maria during the prayer) had to hold back our almost-laughs because we hadn't heard that one before.
She has gotten down the "I am thankful for..." now.


The other morning Maria climbed up into my bed and was pretty intent on telling me something.
Maria: "Mommy, mommy, I tell you something (pronounced somepfing)," repeated a few times.
"Mommy, I really want a pet."
Me: "Oh, really? What kind of pet."
Maria: "A white rabbit with pink eyes!"
Me: (no comment)


Two weeks ago when we were staying with my parents in Utah, Maria was not feeling too great one evening. I made an appointment at the Kids Care and was giving her a little prep as to what to expect at the doctor's office. She just watched me and listened to me give the shpeel and the walked over to me and all thoughtful and adult-like, wrapped her arms around my neck and said, "It be ok Mommy. I will be brave."
It is experiences like this that make me think my dear Maria is wise beyond her years. She teaches me so much every day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

....and my heart just melted.

Lizbeth said...

haha! she does need a pet. Get a dog, rabbits arent as fun