March 31, 2013
Holidays are becoming more and more memorable as the girls get older. It seems that Maria loves all of the little traditions, but is quick to let me (or anyone else willing to listen) the reason for the holiday. Maria also learned about Easter at school, and was really interested in the cross and crucifixion and then a little interested about the resurrection.
The sun came out on Easter weekend. I really (REALLY) wanted to get some Easter pictures of the girls in their dresses in the sun, but the girls and the sun/shadows in the yard were not cooperating (not one bit!) and so we didn't get any pictures of the girls un-moving and I eventually gave up (in quite a huff too).
![]() |
| These two Easter lovies were all smiles, but all uncooperative too. |
| Oh sure, run away from me and the camera. |
![]() |
| Please come over here so I can take a picture. Don't drag your sister. |
![]() |
| Maria was attempting to gag her sister with her sweater... Malan just laughs. Classic. |
![]() |
| Our best shot. Easter action shot. |
To remember: Maria has been singing the "Gethsemane" song every day since learning it. She enjoys singing and learning about Christ, His life and death and resurrection. Maria was so excited to look for the hidden eggs in the house and to show Malan how to find them. Maria was also really hoping to get some Peeps. (She loves her some Peeps just like her Dad!) No PB eggs this year (or maybe any year in the future), thanks to Malan's new peanut allergy - so no PB fix for the Mom. I was pretty motivated to get an Easter photo (to have to compare the girls as they grow), but nothing was working out. I was so mad by then end of my dreamed-of Easter photo shoot, that I stomped back into the house, defeated! I thought, "Why can't I just get a perfect Easter pic like Mandy gets of her kids EVERY year?" I texted Mandy to vent my frustration and was surprised (VERY SURPRISED) to find out that 2013 was not the best year for Easter photos and spiritual sacrament meetings with cooperative (even if bribed!) kiddos. Oh, too funny!






1 comment:
I think the pictures are perfect because that is what Maria and Malan actually look like and those are the things they actually do all the time. Are they really ever sitting in the grass just smiling at you? Nope. Those two are so cute, especially together.
Post a Comment