Maria-isms

March and April, 2013
Maria is quite the character these days.  I don't think much of it most days, but a lot of the "Maria-isms"  were noted by "Uncle Riney" (my bro Ryan) this past week, and I want to document them before I forget them.
 Maria is talking in accents, usually English accents, for fun these days.  (We need tips from our English friends!)  She will say, "Tally ho," or "Come fo some tea?" and other random phrases.
She likes to pretend she is anyone but herself, even does role switching: Maria will be "Megan" or the "Mom" and I will be "Maria" and "the grandma" or "the baby."  She gives us (the family members) other names, usually silly made up names Hooleeehannneee, or Choco, or really strange African-sounding names, or animal names.  The other day we were all animals (Mr. Bird, Mr. Caterpillar, Baby Bird, and Maria was Beautiful Butterfly).

Last night Maria ended up sleeping in our bed and she came in saying, "Mom, I just really want to sleep with you...I won't keep you awake, I promise.  I just really want to snuggle."  In the morning I told Maria what she had been saying and in her morning voice (while doing her morning stretch) she said, "I know Mom, its because I just really love you so soo much."  

Maria is voicing her opinions and her feelings more and more these days.  Her stubborn and strong-willed side is showing itself more too.  Maria likes to do things by her self and can be quite annoyed when someone tries to give her unsolicited help.  She is hit or miss with pictures: either all about posing or flat out says, "I don't want you to take a picture of me!" and turns away from the camera. 


While at the Coast with Ryan (my bro), Maria said to me, after I told her to come back to where we were standing, "Ok, Mom I will come back to you like I am coming home from college to visit."  What?  Where in the world does she get this stuff.
(I know where she get the "like" phrase...totally my child there!)

Before Maria goes down for a nap she wishes me a happy holiday and says I love you.  Today it was, "Happy Valentine's Day Mom. I love you."  The past few weeks it has been Happy Easter.

Some other common sayings:
-I don't know about that.
-I don't see it, so I don't believe it.
-If I don't want to, then I don't have to.
-Stop being so cute. (Said really fast, usually to me or Malan.)
-I am not very happy about that.

Maria is becoming more real with her prayers.  She takes praying for her friends (Baby L, E.M. and C.R.S. as of late) and her family and people that go without ("the people that don't have any homes," "the sick people," "the sad people that don't have any families," and the "old homemess people") very very seriously.  And if we forget to include these things in our prayers she will whisper (very loudly) their names and needs.

No comments: