Part 2: Seattle

January 18, 2014















To remember: Liz and I had such a blast in Seattle.  What a riot, that Liz!  She flies by her own time, and it is refreshing (when I don't have a schedule to follow or kids to be responsible for!) and fun to feel young again when I am with her...not that I am old, but older than her (barely!).  We did the touristy things in Seattle like visit Pike's Place, the gum wall and the Pier.  Our hotel was near the Space Needle and the Concert so, we could get a good view of the Needle at night.  We shopped til I almost dropped at Nordstrom Rack.  Seriously, I don't remember the last time I tried on that many items of clothing...and unfortunately, 99% didn't fit or work well for me.  One fabulous fashion find was these flash gold high-heeled boots.  What in the world?! We found two pair and strutted around the place.  We got some strange looks, and tried to keep straight faces, but it was no use!  I tried doing the Toyota jump in the boots and I think Liz and I both about peed our pants from laughing.  Good times.  Oh, and our first dose of serious laughter was in the bathroom stalls at a mall in downtown Seattle. Yes, you can  just peep right over the stall at your neighbor, and we may have done just that.  First dirty looks were thrown our way during this fun little 5 minutes.
Thanks for coming to the NW for a little JT and Megan and family time. Love you long time L.



No comments: