Woodburn, OR
April 2014
To remember: We had a family day at the Portland LDS Temple and then to Woodburn for the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival. (I must add that I got a little lost in Lake Oswego while Ben was at the Temple and, it was so worth it. I drove around and got to explore some of the neighborhoods and see the Lake and the surrounding lake houses and shops. I would live there!)
The tulips were beautiful! Maria admired them and looked like a princess as she walked down the rows and lightly touched some of the tulip tops. Malan was much less gentle and did not realize there were rows to walk down.
I loved watching the girls with their Daddy, walking hand-in-hand. They love him and I know he loves them.
There were are bunch of carnival type rides at one end of the Festival grounds. Maria was begging to go on some of the rides. We told her she could choose one ride that all of us could go on. She chose these cow cars, pulled behind a golf cart-type machine. It was so bumpy and dusty. We were filthy after our wild ride. We laughed so much. Good choice Maria.
It was a nice day together. A happy day for our family.

No comments:
Post a Comment