Yoga...Is Good for the Body... and the Soul


...and the Baby!
Yes, I know, I know, Ben and I haven't broadcasted our "baby news" on the blog yet. But today, I got a little gift (from one of the Yoga instructors) that made me smile and I wanted to share...which gives away the news. We are having a baby in January (or sometime there abouts...Due date is 1/5/09). Words cannot describe how happy we are to have a new little addition. (I am smiling as I type, just thinking about it all.) Yippee!!
Over the last 6 months, I have been trying to do yoga a couple of times a week, either at home or the club. Between Yoga and the trails, I have been able to keep sane and happy while being pregnant. The other day after Yoga class (might I add, it was Gentle Yoga...the one that the older people attend...and then sometimes me too!) this older woman came up to me and said, "Well honey, I think I have figured it out. I just need to get pregnant to be good at Yoga. You just have such nice angles." I had to laugh at her comment. How funny is that? When I told Ben about what the lady had told me, I had to explain to him why this was a compliment...and that the "angles" she was talking about were not the hormone-fed lady lumps or my growing belly. So yes, I am learning to take compliments wherever I can as a pregnant gal. Anyway, there you have it: our wonderful news. Thanks for all of the love, support, humor and encouragement you have given us thus far.

15 comments:

Brook said...

Megs, my eyes are filled with excited tears for you, no joke! I am so happy for you!! Have you been sick? When do find out what it is?! I am calling Daniel to tell him at lunch! Congrats!

Ness said...

I wondered when you were going to announce your news. I have known for a couple months and I was and still am so excited for you. That is so awesome. You two are going to be such good parents. You will have to keep us updated.

Veronica Reeve said...

That is such wonderful news!! Congrats! You're baby will be beautiful!! January 5th is my little Sophie's birthday (..and Marilyn Manson, creepy) Thanks for sharing the news! I hope you are feeling good.

Kimberly said...

Congrats to you both. That is soooo exciting. You are going to be the best parents. Good work on keeping up on the yoga and exercise.

Amy said...

I didn't know you were a yoga girl. I am so impressed. Please take me sometime.

Marcy said...

Finally - something about the little one. I'm so glad I got to see you the other day - you look great. Wish you the best on the rest of the pregnancy.

Schmid Family said...

Congrats on the bun in the oven! John and Amy

The Skiing Wallaces said...

Any blog entry that mentions "lady lumps" is an inspiration to me. That cracked me up! Your "Bun & Bunmaker costumes were the best!

Tyler Waterfall said...

Kate is very excited to have a cousin! And we are happy for you.

Alisa and Crowells said...

That is hilarious! Love the onesie! We are more than thrilled for you guys! You are going to be the absolute best for this little one--and this little one doesn't realize just how lucky he/she is!

Audra said...

ok... and the belly pics? I'm gettin' anxious

Mugsy said...

I am very happy for you guys. You will make great parents.

Torman

Tiffany W. said...

CONGRATS from the Washburns!!! We are so excited for you!

Natalie said...

What the--- I had no idea. PREGNANT? Really!!? Well, you hide it well now that you're 7 months along! J/K you were certainly the cutest pregnant girl in green scrubs that hospital has ever seen. Thanks for your comment, now I'll keep up on you!
And pregnant yoga belly is the cutest thing I've ever heard of.

Breklyn said...

Yoga at 7 months, very impressive! I tend to give up all physical activity while pregnant :) I'm so excited to meet your baby girl soon. Now give us the big belly post! See you soon. Love, Brek