6 Months Old


As much as we try to keep her little, our sweet baby is growing up fast! I had heard the line again and again: "They grow so fast!!!" Well, isn't that the truth.
Maria is still as busy as ever. I don't think she has stopped moving since I first felt her in utero.

Maria Stats:
-17 pounds
-25 3/4 inches
-very little light brown hair (the "bullet," aka baby mullet fell out!)
-toothless, but chews on everything
-eats rice cereal
-CRAWLS! Yes, tears came to my eyes when she crawled forward for the first time on Sunday...only a couple scoots forward, but the first I've seen. She has been doing the reverse crawl and the breakdancing spin (some weird hip balancing and twisting thing she does) for a while.
-practices yoga regularly...usually just downward facing dog and the cobra =) I'm not kidding either.
-loves the water (bath, shower, pool)
-giggles and giggles when tickled
-smiles with her WHOLE face, can't help to smile back when you see her!
-has been to 3 states and on 4 plane rides
-is a party girl and enjoys dancing to music...pretty funny to watch her just light up when we have danced with her at wedding receptions
-loves to play with her ears, Mr. Mono (the monkey) and Geoffry the Giraffe. I have taken the toys out of her bed when she "goes to sleep" at night, because she will just play and WILL NOT sleep if she has her toys.
Looking forward to the next 6 months!

2 comments:

Jennifer and Tyler said...

Great Post! I can't believe 6 months has passed! That is so fun and makes me a little sad all at the same time! She is growing so fast and I feel like we haven't seen her nearly enough! Let's get our girls together ASAP! I also can't believe she is crawling but I knew she would be a little athlete with the parents she's got!
Love you Meg (and Maria and Ben:)

Tiffany W. said...

She is SO beautiful!! Can't belive she is crawling at 6 months! Our littlest guy just started crawling... and he is 11 months! :)