Utah To Do's ...

Before heading on our new adventure to Oregon, we were able to do some fun things with our family and friends. So before I embark on a new chapter of blogging - this is where I switch gears and become and Oregonian! - I want to include some last minute UT memories.


BBQ at Ry and Shannon's. We 'dressed up' for a little family picture. It was so funny for some reason.


Ben graduated from the Univ. of Utah PA Program. Thanks to all of our family members!!! We couldn't have done it without you. CONGRATULATIONS BEN! We are so proud of you.




Visiting the Grand and Great-Grandparents. It makes me so happy to see our grandparents (Maria's great) with Maria. My Grandma Lane will even crawl around on the floor with Maria....she LOVES it and gets to excited, she can barely contain herself!

Grandma and Grandpa Pantone are so sweet with Maria!
Maria is so lucky to have 7 great-grandparents living! We were glad she was able to spend so much time with them.



I really wanted to hike Malan's Peak again, this time with Maria, before moving away. I have grown up hiking this trail every year for the Malan reunion and have enjoyed this hike several other times on my own. We were rained out (downpour!) on our first attempt, but were able to hike to the Peak and take in the beauty that can be seen from there. Maria did her usual sing-song as we hiked. Great times with my Mom and Dad too!



Liz, Rocky (the poor cat) and Maria. My dear sister Liz and her babies. Maria kept trying to attack the cat. She gets so intense and Liz and I just get a kick out of it, and yes, she did successfully get Rocky's tail in her mouth. Since Ben is allergic to cats (or so he says!), this may be the only cat Maria will ever have. Lizzy, we miss you.

I wish I had a picture of Maria playing with her Wallace cousins! They are so cute with her...especially precious Bella and MaKenna (her 'big sister' cousins!). This memory will last forever in my heart.
How lucky we are!

5 comments:

Brook said...

Your little girl is gorgeous with her light hair and big blue eyes! We are excited that you are joining the West Coast with us. Kinda. We are in WA in the Tri-cities about 2 1/2 hours away from Portland. We would love to meet up with you some day!! I think you'll like Oregon. Daniel's been there and says it is beautiful! Love the updates!

Amy said...

I loved all those pictures!! I am so impressed that you hiked malan's with Maria. We miss you all!

Jcsamgwallace said...

Ok, That's it!! We must see Maria in person (and you and Ben too of coarse!) We have been debating weather to make the long treck back to UT for Christmas, but if you're going to be there, we'll try harder to come too. Let me know what your plans are!

Tyler Waterfall said...

Great to skype with you tonight. Yes, we already miss you guys too!
We are glad to see you could hike Mt. Ogden and have a fun family bbq while still in the motherland.
Now we look forward to hearing of you new adventures in Oregon.

Alisa and Crowells said...

How fun--good times. We need to hike Malan's Peak--never done it! Craziness. We're excited to ehar all about Oregon!