Fall in our new homeland of Oregon is quite beautiful...but different than what we are used to seeing. The leaves continue to fall, but the ferns and mosses are flourishing. The grass is a brilliant bright green - like Spring grass in Utah on fertilizer!
The animals are getting fat. Ben and I watch the squirrels chow down in the branches next to our windows and the deer always seem to be feasting on whatever they can find. Maybe we will give them some of our Thanksgiving delights! (Side note: Yes we really do live in the forest! Here is a deer that I took a pic of as I was making this post...from the office window. They are all over. The other day while some friends and I were exercising in the basement, one of the girls look up and said, "Oh, well, look, there is a deer...perfect." Yes, this is as we are cursing in our heads as we feel the burn of our workouts. I thought it was perfect timing.)

Our friends Ben and Kendra Rabe, with their new sweet baby Graham, were in Portland last weekend for job interviews. We met them in Portland and attempted to give them a little tour of the surrounding area, like Multnomah Falls. Again, it was rainy/misty, but breathtaking.
3 comments:
Good job getting out in the rain, it will make you a true Oregonian!
we both know if i lived up there, i'd be riding a deer down to the mailbox to fetch the post. and if you didnt, now you do. ps i found a picture i took of pooky in hawaii, i almost cried. remind me and you shall see the sweetness yourself.
Cool photos - looks like a really beautiful place to live!
Post a Comment