
Maria is now 10 months.
She is 20 lbs and 27 inches.
Some new things for Maria:
-She is a little tornado - or a caged monkey. Maria seems to enjoy throwing things out of her crib or piling it all in the corner and laying on it. I go into her room sometimes after her nap and there are things strewn all over the floor (binkie, socks, blankets, stuffed animals, etc) from her crib.
-She started to cuddle, just a little bit, when she is extremely tired, but still she is cuddling more, which I LOVE!
-Maria loves people. When we go to peoples' homes she get so excited. The other day I went to a friend's house and we waited inside until she (and her kiddos) got home. Maria kept calling out - literally, calling out - for the kids that live there and then would look at me with a puzzled look when no one answered. When they got back home she was overwhelmed with excitement.
-Maria is a flirt. Last week we went to play games with our friends Eric and Cherie. Maria kept flirting - which consists of her cheezing it (nose wrinkled and huge grin), sending out the vibe (laying in her side lying pose with her hand on her hip), laughing and jabbering, and then pretty much attacking his face. It was so funny, and she just wouldn't stop.
-Last night Maria said "Dad, " all matter-of-fact-like and then clapped for herself. The three of us were sitting on the floor playing and I said, "Maria, this is Daddy. Daddy, Mommy, Maria." Maria stood up and clearly said, "Dad," looked at both of us and then started clapping.
-Maria says Momma. She even enunciates it if needed (ie, if I am trying to feed her and she is done...Ma - MA).
Maria is getting into everything. She crawls so fast and makes it up the stairs even faster. She likes to hang from things (towels on the rack, stair banaster/rails, etc.). Yeah, not so safe!
-Maria is starting to entertain herself. She pulls the music makers toys in her room to hear the music and "reads" her books - outloud of course. She also kicks the bed (hard!) when she is done entertaining her self.
-She spits, a lot! Again, this is a form of entertainment. She spits her food out and then claps and laughs. She fills her mouth full of milk from her cup and then spits (or sprays) it out and then claps. I don't find it very funny. Needless to say, we haven't been having beverages at mealtimes so much anymore.
-Maria continues to love music (and she keeps a beat better than Ben!). We were staying with Ben's aunt and uncle a couple of weeks ago and Maria wouldn't sleep much of the night. At about 2 am I starting quietly singing her primary songs (to help get her to sleep, right?) and she started shaking her bum and dancing and then singing herself. Yeah, so much for that idea...she loves music, no matter what time it is.
Happy 10 Months Maria! We love you.
Thanks Cherie for the great pictures.
12 comments:
Greetings my neighbors! I finally made it to your blog and was blown away by the awesome pictures! What a cute (white) family.!!
We miss you way bad. Brittany went to her first Young Womens and came home and said "it was fun, but I miss Meg!"
I met our new neighbor who is under contract for your house. He seems nice. He and his wife are relocating here from Hawaii....isn't that CRAZY?? It won't be the same not having you around to make fun of.. we really miss you.
It looks as if you are getting on with life and enjoying the new area and cute Maria is just getting cuter! How lucky for you to be blessed with such a darling baby.
We also miss GINGER...so much so, we got a new dog and he is just a trip!! (I don't know if you heard our weenie dog died :( )
Our new dog is BARNEY. He is a mutt we saved from the pound...in EPHRIAM, no less. He is darling and Maria would love him.
Ryhal and Max are getting big and sassing all day long. Rod is well....Rod. He is continually working and working and you know how he is.
Miss you all terribly!
hugz
penny
wow- that seems like such quick 10 months! Maria is so adorable- I love that she claps when she is proud of herself- Don't you wish that we were innocent enough to just clap for ourselves all day long as we do good deeds :) I think we should try it! haha. Looks like you guys are doing great- I miss you!
Such adorable pictures! So fun to read about Maria's cute little personality! She has the biggest, most gorgeous eyes! It looks like you guys are having a blast!
Fun pictures! Maria sounds like she's got quite the personality!
Kate likes seeing "Ben, Megan and Mia".
Way to go on 10 months!
She is getting so big and mature... Oh i could just cry. Precious little pooky lou, i miss you so much. I will let you spray milk in my face anytime you like.
Great update on Maria! Time sure flies and I know you are enjoying every moment with your baby girl. I love the pics and the personality profile! Maria is a character, I can't wait to see you all hopefully soon! miss you tons, xoxo
Love all the fun fall pics and LOVE reading about your Maria (oh how she and Mason are alike). He finds a beat in anything too - even dancing to the dryer. She is beautiful and so smart, already manipulating ma-MA and Dad. So cute! Glad you're soaking it all in.
WHat a cutie! fun to read about all she is doing. It's a good idea!
Maria is definitely a cute little thing. They grow up pretty quick. We would love to see you guys as well. We need to set up a time to see you guys. Maybe Ben and I can steal away on a bike ride too.
She has the prettiest face and beautiful eyes! You are a lucky mamma! I love hearing about her personality and what I may have to look forward too with my babe.
It was great talking to you the other night & seeing Maria in person (sort of). We miss you so much & are thankful to have such a great family. Enjoy your Thanksgiving- lucky you hosting your very own feast :)
Post a Comment