I made some bags for my sisters, a late birthday gift to give them when my Mom and sisters visited Oregon.
I have enjoyed "getting my craft on," as I like to call it these last few months...well I guess it all kicked in when I was in the nesting stage of pregnancy and there has been no turning back since.
Anywho, I made these cool bags and learned some valuable lessons during the fun.
1. Read ALL of the pattern instructions...a couple of times. If it seems like a step has been left out, it probably has...so read through the instructions so you can plan for it.
2. If you are going to buy a pattern use it! (Yep, I am one of those 'make the pattern up in your head as you go along,' so this is a challenge for me!)
3. Use good quality thread...none of this cheap stuff.
4. Buy fabric that makes you happy to look at.
5. Make things that you are so excited to give away (in a good way, because the person you are giving it to is SO lucky!)
6. Be proud of your work. Even if it doesn't turn out perfect, be proud of the time (and sweat and tears and 4 machine needles - yes read the instructions to avoid this! -and all that) and effort you put it to your piece.
4 comments:
I love to craft, but much like you, I often make it all up in my head as I go. This is way more fun, but it usually helps you to waste tons of cute, and pricey fabric... Craft on sister.
-K Meg, that is way funny. Lately, I seem to have found myself in a very crafty place also. I have no idea how I got here, but it is also (like you) probably related to nesting. I'm trying to make my baby's bedding right now & it is a chore & a half!
The bags you made are too, too cute, and I agree. If your going to go to the effort to make them, you've got to own it & be proud (even though you secretly know every single thing that is wrong with them :)
I love the bags!!! I am so impressed that you are being crafty. I get nervous when it comes to sewing, so I'll stick to knitting. I miss you!
I LOVE MY BAG!!! It's puuurrrfect! (if ya know what i mean)
Post a Comment