Saturday is a special day!



Today I learned a few new things and was reminded of some good things...only a couple of which I have photo proof.
1. I am now proficient at cooking my favorite meat, HAM! Actually, ham one of my least favorite meats, nevertheless, I cooked 27 pounds of the stuff today to feed 60 people at a funeral luncheon...and they enjoyed it.
2. I learned NOT to pour the ham juices and fat down the drain. (Yes, I am sure I should have already known that but when I did it, the record literally stopped and I turned around and said, "Was I not supposed to do that?" Live and learn right?!)
3. Ben can take really long bike rides and it makes him really happy (see pics).
4. I am lucky to be alive.
5. I live in a beautiful place, with a beautiful hill driveway that is 0.09 miles long (round trip). . . and I ran it for 3.2 miles today, up and down, again and again! (Ben took a long ride+I had cooking to do+ham in the oven+time constraints=running the driveway!)
6. Last but not least, I have a beautiful, happy, curious, babbling, smiling, teething baby that shows me she loves me by clapping her hands and squealing out in excitement every time she saw me coming down the driveway toward her. Just the motivation I needed, and more than I could have ever asked for, in so many ways!

8 comments:

Amber said...

Maria is such a cutie- She's getting big fast! Good job on the ham- I've never attempted to cook one of those- way too intimidating! And I'm impressed that you can still squeeze a workout in with all that going on. Bens dirty biking pics are making me long for no more prego belly so I can get on my bike and have some fun! Looks like you're doing great! Oregon looks sooo pretty. Miss you!

Amber

Lizbeth said...

Nice job running the drive way. haha you are ingenious! Im loving pook's hat. Oh & not to mention ben's deuce... rheally nice. love you long time!

Trisha said...

sweet sentiments and sweet pictures! I ran across your christmas card yesterday (It was a book mark in one of Mia's books, unbeknownst to me! It was great to see that little princess of yours smiling up at me!)

Robyn said...

You need to come and see the hill in front of my house.

I've taken to doing hill "sprints" when I can't get away too.

It's some serious interval training.

Why did it take me 5 years to realize that was an option?

Robyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosanne said...

Your Maria is so stinkin' cute!! And that video of your brother (I think that's who it was) jumping off that cliff...wow. ;)

Rosanne said...

p.s. oh yeah, and good job running your driveway - I'm impressed!

Bubba said...

Man, I have to come do a mtn bike ride with you some time. Just seeing the mud made me want to get out there.