In New York

"In New Yooork. . . Concrete jungle where dreams are made of. There's nothing you can't do. Now you're in New York! These streets will make you feel brand new. These lights will inspire you. Let's hear it for New York!"
(Yes, I did sing this as we were about to land and when we got into the terminal.)

We escaped to NYC for work and pleasure last week. Ben had a conference in Manhattan, so we thought we might all take advantage of the opportunity. We had a blast! We shopped, walked all over, rode the subways, ate lots of good food/desserts, went to a Yankees game and to West Side Story (finally, I got to hear the song, "I just met a girl named Maria"), and tried on fine jewels.

I just feel a sense of LIFE when I am in NY. I think my heart rate jumps into the 100's when I see all of the lights and big buildings or walk through Times Square or Central Park...

I even got to see one of my 'besties' as a new Mom...made me so happy, oh, so happy to be so lucky to witness all of it. I loved just being able to get on the subway or walk to see Tiff each day, just like we were neighbors again. Tiff and Gib, now they are some good friends, and I will chase them wherever they move! What a beautiful little family! Gib and Tiff: Congrats! Sweet Baby Henry: You have some cool parents that love you so much!




We (cousin David, Maria and I) went to see Emily (Dave's wife) at Sotheby's. I got to try on some fabulous jewelery. Yep, even a ring that is listed for $4,000,000-$6,000,000...pocket cash, right? My favorites were the pear-shaped diamond ring and the {heavy} diamond necklace. Again, Maria was my little party favor, jabbering and socializing with the wealthiest of the wealthy in NY as I played make-believe and donned the bling.


Yankees Game with Angela, Greg, and Dave. Maria even got her own little NY Yankees hat (thanks Dave and Em!). We roamed through part of China Town then over to stroll along the Brooklyn Bridge.
We are becoming NY regulars...looking forward to our next visit.

8 comments:

Marcy said...

Looks like a way fun trip, I'm jealous! Great that you got to see new little Henry. I haven't seen Gib and Tiff in ages.

new site- www.daveandemilywaterfall.com said...

move here!!!!!!!!!!!

Lizbeth said...

This pleases me greatly. I cant wait for you next visit when I'm there!

Holly said...

What a fun trip!! Looked like so much fun. By the way your little girl is adorable.

Breklyn said...

Love it all! The bling, your singing, the BEAUTIFUL babe Henry, the big Yankees game and the company (Dave, Ang, Tiff and all)! Take me with you next time - SERIOUS. I get free tix on Jet Blue. Let's plan a Big Apple trip. So jealous!

Breklyn said...

It's Brek, by the way :)

The Skiing Wallaces said...

UGGGHHHHH!!!! I am JEALOUS, Jealous, Jealous. I'm going to heading out on a really exotic trip next month.....to Ogden :).
No really, it looks like SO MUCH FUN, I could die! So great that you take Maria to see the world with you. I love that!

Ben and Melis said...

So much fun! There's nothing like cousins and a big city ;)