I've been learning to:
Show action,
(my backyard garden flags)
photograph nature,
(one of my favorite places called Peavy Arboretum)
stop action,
(Miss Tesssh - as Maria says it)
integrate patterns and lines,
(stamp compliments of story time)
find good exposure and use lines and colors,
(our model Allie Dear)
and look for creative art around me AND want to stop and take a picture of it!
I have been wanting to take a 'real' photography class (not just another Parks and Rec class) for some time, and this month I am doing it! It has been fun to learn how to use Manual (and only Manual...no AUTO here!) settings for ALL of my photographs. We even submit UNEDITTED(!) photos each week and get feedback. Yes, it is quite challenging, especially when I live in the dark woods, in OR, no less - but rewarding. So, here they are for you, ALL Manual, ALL uneditted, and ALL my work.
My friend Cherie took the class with me and she is rockin' with her photos (check her blog for proof...it's where I got the grand 'ol idea for this post-ha)! I don't really feel impressed with mine [photos], but I think I am changing because I am looking for 'things' instead of just people to photograph.
(Hopefully I will develop more of a photographers eye and get some talent and skill thrown in on the side as a bonus!)
(my backyard garden flags)
photograph nature, (one of my favorite places called Peavy Arboretum)
stop action,(Miss Tesssh - as Maria says it)
(stamp compliments of story time)
(our model Allie Dear)
and look for creative art around me AND want to stop and take a picture of it!I have been wanting to take a 'real' photography class (not just another Parks and Rec class) for some time, and this month I am doing it! It has been fun to learn how to use Manual (and only Manual...no AUTO here!) settings for ALL of my photographs. We even submit UNEDITTED(!) photos each week and get feedback. Yes, it is quite challenging, especially when I live in the dark woods, in OR, no less - but rewarding. So, here they are for you, ALL Manual, ALL uneditted, and ALL my work.
My friend Cherie took the class with me and she is rockin' with her photos (check her blog for proof...it's where I got the grand 'ol idea for this post-ha)! I don't really feel impressed with mine [photos], but I think I am changing because I am looking for 'things' instead of just people to photograph.
(Hopefully I will develop more of a photographers eye and get some talent and skill thrown in on the side as a bonus!)
6 comments:
I love the picture of the Martin's little girl. Love the lines. I'm envious you are taking a class- I'd love to take a class someday. Enjoy it!
Fabulous pictures! I like all the elements you are combining and using.
i want more! These are fantastic. Please do teach me. Really, great job.
These are amazing! It's one thing to take pictures, and another to read the light and how to help your camera see what you see. I LOVE that these pictures are RAW. Awesome--just like you!
"I think you are ready to go Pro." (steven- nacho libre)
I love all the pictures Meg! And I'm so jealous that you know how to use Manual. I need the "owners manual". Can you give me a class this summer? I will pay you :)
Post a Comment