Today when I picked up the mail, I saw a package for me from my dear friend.
I thought, oh, that's funny, I just sent her something for her birthday...wonder what this could be.
I opened the package to find a book full of inspirations and pretty photographs and beautiful words and memory "sparkers."
When I looked inside the book I was immediately brought to tears while reading the message from my dear friend.
Good friends have that affect on me.
As I read the book (yep, read the whole little book right then and there), I found so many things similar to my own little world...my serious face that Maria imitates, my washer issues, even the pep talk wall (as I call mine).
This book was perfect for me! Again, good friends...

So...here are some excerpts from the book:
"It may seem simple
All the little things you do
But the lives you touch matter so much
And there's no one else like you
And Father needs you to be strong and faithful
To be all you can be
Oh, if you could see what He sees
You'd believe in what you're doing
You'd believed in who you are
Hold tight to the truth that
You're a daughter of God
Believe in who you're becoming
Believe in who you are."
....................
"Don't worry about what other people think of you; worry about what they think of themselves when they're with you."
.................
"What a gift to experience the children [our babies!!! -I said this] in our lives as children!"
How did I get so lucky to have such, well, such friends. (I can't even think of one word to describe them and the influence they have had, and have on me!)
I am so blessed to be a Mom and I feel privileged and honored to have this role.
I couldn't be more happy to be Maria's Mommy! She can make the whole world smile =)
I am grateful for the mothers that I look to for love, confidence, support, strength, faith, ideas, parenting and marriage advice, and even a good laugh.
One last thought from the book:
"When it's hard to believe in yourself
When you feel like you're beginning to doubt
Remember...
That He believes in what you're doing
He believes in who you are
Don't lose sight of the truth that you're a daughter of God
And He believes in who you're becoming
He believes in who you are."
Love to all the Mothers trying their best each and every day.
Happy Mother's Day!
I thought, oh, that's funny, I just sent her something for her birthday...wonder what this could be.
When I looked inside the book I was immediately brought to tears while reading the message from my dear friend.
Good friends have that affect on me.
As I read the book (yep, read the whole little book right then and there), I found so many things similar to my own little world...my serious face that Maria imitates, my washer issues, even the pep talk wall (as I call mine).
This book was perfect for me! Again, good friends...
"It may seem simple
All the little things you do
But the lives you touch matter so much
And there's no one else like you
And Father needs you to be strong and faithful
To be all you can be
Oh, if you could see what He sees
You'd believe in what you're doing
You'd believed in who you are
Hold tight to the truth that
You're a daughter of God
Believe in who you're becoming
Believe in who you are."
....................
"Don't worry about what other people think of you; worry about what they think of themselves when they're with you."
.................
"What a gift to experience the children [our babies!!! -I said this] in our lives as children!"
How did I get so lucky to have such, well, such friends. (I can't even think of one word to describe them and the influence they have had, and have on me!)
I am so blessed to be a Mom and I feel privileged and honored to have this role.
I couldn't be more happy to be Maria's Mommy! She can make the whole world smile =)
I am grateful for the mothers that I look to for love, confidence, support, strength, faith, ideas, parenting and marriage advice, and even a good laugh.
One last thought from the book:
"When it's hard to believe in yourself
When you feel like you're beginning to doubt
Remember...
That He believes in what you're doing
He believes in who you are
Don't lose sight of the truth that you're a daughter of God
And He believes in who you're becoming
He believes in who you are."
Love to all the Mothers trying their best each and every day.
Happy Mother's Day!
3 comments:
Megan! This made me cry. What a sweet book and a sweet friend who sent it to you! Oh, it's been one of those days as a Mother and I definitely needed this. Thank you for helping to lift my spirits. You are such a good Mom and a wonderful example to me!
That last post was written by me, not Mark, but I'm sure he would cry too if he read your post! ;-) It was sweet!
Happy Mother's Day, Meg! You are one of the best!
Post a Comment