Our little family just returned from a fabulous trip to Glacier National Park in Montana and Banff National Park in Canada. Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is my life...right now...go and make it yours! This trip really let me do this, and for that reason, I want to ensure that some of the memories never leave my mind.
Memory #1:
Ben asking Maria if she wants to run [while M is on his shoulders while hiking]. She yells, "YEEEAAAAAAHH!!" And off they go. Ben doesn't just run down the trails, but rather runs up the sides, and jumps off the rocks and spins. Maria just laughs her head off and can barely hold herself upright.
Memory #2:
Driving and driving and driving, and never seeming to become bored of my family or the views of the world around me. It was all just breathtaking!
Memory #3:
Mountain biking on some crazy trails WITH Maria in the bike trailer behind Ben. We were going over and through all kinds of stuff. At one point I pulled over to the side of the trail to wait (I never have to wait, Ben just let me go ahead) and I could just hear Maria cheering and laughing and shrieking with joy. When she passed me she very quickly said, "Hi Mom!" and waved and then went on with her shouts of pure joy and excitement.

Memory #4:
My sweet child's nutty faces and friendly personality. I just don't know where she comes up with them. In the car, she said, "I boed [bored maybe?] Mom, watch me!" Ben and I would just be rolling at the crazy faces she would make and the funny dance moves and jigs she would do. What a riot! She would wave and say 'hi' to almost everyone we passed...literally making friends everywhere we went.
I am just thankful to be alive
to have this magnificent world to enjoy
to have family to love
and to have memories to hold dear.
Memory #1:Ben asking Maria if she wants to run [while M is on his shoulders while hiking]. She yells, "YEEEAAAAAAHH!!" And off they go. Ben doesn't just run down the trails, but rather runs up the sides, and jumps off the rocks and spins. Maria just laughs her head off and can barely hold herself upright.
Memory #2:Driving and driving and driving, and never seeming to become bored of my family or the views of the world around me. It was all just breathtaking!
Mountain biking on some crazy trails WITH Maria in the bike trailer behind Ben. We were going over and through all kinds of stuff. At one point I pulled over to the side of the trail to wait (I never have to wait, Ben just let me go ahead) and I could just hear Maria cheering and laughing and shrieking with joy. When she passed me she very quickly said, "Hi Mom!" and waved and then went on with her shouts of pure joy and excitement.
My sweet child's nutty faces and friendly personality. I just don't know where she comes up with them. In the car, she said, "I boed [bored maybe?] Mom, watch me!" Ben and I would just be rolling at the crazy faces she would make and the funny dance moves and jigs she would do. What a riot! She would wave and say 'hi' to almost everyone we passed...literally making friends everywhere we went.
I am just thankful to be alive
to have this magnificent world to enjoy
to have family to love
and to have memories to hold dear.
6 comments:
love love love all of these pictures. looks so beautiful and like you had so much fun. can't wait to see you and the little sooo soon!
Whoa! What a beautiful face and I LOVE this vibrant developing personality of darling Maria! Adorable. Absolutely adorable.
Can't wait to hug that little cutie!! What a fun trip!
Those pics look so beautiful. You are such an adventurous mama!
All of your pictures and stories from the trip made me want to go there myself. You are becoming quite the little photographer!
Best. Post. Ever. That picture of ben and maria making faces is the cutest thing i have ever seen!
Post a Comment