Summer Utah Visit


Maria and I took a little trip to Utah last week. It was a nice get away to some SUN and HEAT and FAMILY. We stayed with Ben's Mom and Stepdad for the first couple of days, and they came thru with a good 'ol Wallace/Unrein style summer BBQ - my only request - and much to my enjoyment. I love BBQ's in big green yards with lots of kids running around and lots of good food to eat and great company to share the time with....LOVE IT! Ben's family does a summer BBQ better than anyone I know, so I felt lucky to be there. We celebrated a 1st, 12th, and 36th (right?) bday too.Maria ate her first hotdog. I know, I have neglected my child thus far, but I am a Hot Dog Hater...hence my lack of sharing the dog with my child.
Oh, and of course the cousins, all 15 of them, put Maria in cousin heaven. We even got to meet a new Charlie Wallace who was born last January.
My brother Mark was a definite source of entertainment, with his drumming (and I mean, he can jam on those drums!), his dog Norma, and his latest: The Slack Rope. Mark has some sick skills on this thing...and he is ripped so all the more fun to watch. We love our Mark.
The pool opened for its first swimmers (us!) while we were visiting. It finally turned warm in Utah, which we were very grateful for. I was needing some heat. Glad Utah came thru for me. Maria and Winston loved swimming, as did the rest of us.
Here we are on our our "Jeep Tour" of the field/backyard where the wedding festivities will be held.
We had lots of wedding planning events: wedding dress fitting (since I can't show Liz's beautiful dress, here is Maria with the mini veil), bridesmaid dress shopping, and cooking/baking possible wedding reception treats. All fun, ok, kind of stressful too...oh, the memories of planning a wedding!!!
We loved hanging out with Winston and oohing and awwing at the new sweet baby Elizabeth. She is so precious.
This picture is just funny. We all look kind of ridiculous...well Ryan looks funny with his cheeser, but the rest of us (especially me, K looks cute) look, well blurry and ridic. Ryan and Mark (who work together) showed up one day wearing these sweet OGDEN IS AWESOME shirts and Katie and I had to get our own...so our bros supplied us with some cool new patriotic shirts. Oh, we had a good laugh.
We had lots of fun and too many late, LATE nights. I was able to run the trails above where I used to live...such a flood of memories and peace when I am there...so nice. Katie and I threw a bridal shower for Lizzy too - more to come on that. Great times with family and good friends. I love just being able to catch up where you left off...the babies just seem to grow so much in between visits...if there were only a way to slow that down!

1 comment:

The Skiing Wallaces said...

Such cute pictures!! It was so great having you here Meg. I always feel like I just saw you yesterday & we just pick up where we left off! I guess next stop is OR-e-gon!
P.S.- Seth has that "Ogden is Awesome" t-shirt & he thinks it is the greatest thing ever. He wears it all the time!