Snap Crackle Pop



(These are pics I took of my friend's daughter when I wasn't lighting the 'works.)

Something about fireworks really does it for me.
Lighting them, hearing the explode, jumping in shock as they crackle....watching them burst in the air and light up my face (or on the ground or wherever)...I just love it!

For those of you who have been in my life a while, and came to our wedding, may even remember that I couldn't seem to live without fireworks then either. Yep, we sacrificed a professional wedding cake and a few other wedding frills so we could have a rockin' firework show with the real! big! illegal! loud! white! (my favorite) FIREWORKS at the end of our reception...and we did!

So yes, fireworks make me smile. However simple or elaborate they are...they are worth every penny and they give me fond memories to look back to.

Thanks to good friends who had a good 'ol 4th of July summer BBQ and entertainment (including fireworks!) and invited us.

(Since living in OR, I have even had my sister send me pics and video the last two years as UT celebrates - with TONS of fireworks - July 24th. Please do it again this year Liz. Thanks!)

2 comments:

Kara said...

I love that you are so into the fireworks :). It was fun having you guys over!

Alisa and Crowells said...

Ooh! Those pictures of the fireworks are awesome!