Then there were three



My dear pregnant friends and I are all holding little babies now!
Today at lunch we laughed as we remembered when we were three pregnant girls together - we got some strange looks!
Now we have three babies all born within two months of each other. Today we looked like this: Steph, Amber and I, each with our gray colored car seat and me with big sister Maria. It's a good time, and we still get funny looks, but mostly just people that smile and make nice comments. (Thanks Cherie for taking our pics.)

This is how it all went:
All sporting prego bellies- in due date order
Stephanie was 1st, giving birth to beautiful Lauren Victoria on 12/30/2011
I was 2nd, with Malan on 1/31/2012
And then Amber was 3rd with a baby boy, Riggins Baylor on 2/23/2012. (I wish we took a new baby photo with Riggs, but I was Miss Sick with the "black lung.")

These pictures are great, so funny to me!
I love our round faces. I love how we posed each of them (due date order, Lauren at belly level like her other "belly buddies," baby girls with their hands on Amber's tummy....we are nerds!)

The time seemed to be moving like molasses when each of us was waiting to deliver, and now, the times seems to be flying by, and our babies are growing much too fast. I know this is how I felt when I was pregnant with Maria and then became a new Mom. I am grateful that with a new baby, there are new experiences and new friends, new memories and new challenges, moments to be proud of and times that I don't really want to live again...all time to learn from and help to build me into the person I am and will be.

I know I will look back on this time, and these girls, and it will always bring a smile to my face.

No comments: