A day in the life of Maria (March)

I've decided to take a new twist with this blog of ours. I really want to record more the little things that go on day-to-day, like a journal of sorts. And now that I have a blog book of the past posts (and plan to do this same with the future blog posts), I can look back thru them and laugh, cry, and remember!

So here goes...

Conversations with Maria in March
**************
Maria: "Daddy, when I am a big goyl (aka girl), I want to be a star!"
Ben: "Oh really (a bit worried as to where this was going), what kind of star?"
Maria: "A purple one."

**************
Malan had been crying up a storm.
She was laying in my lap as I folded laundry. Maria was in her room playing with her baby dolls. She came out and pointed her finger near Malan's head and said: "Mayan (aka Malan), you need to be quiet. My baby is sleeping....PAUSE...You be quiet?" ...PAUSE, then looking to me said: "Mommy, she said NO!"

**************
Another day Malan had a bad tummy ache and kept crying. I had tried just about everything and nothing seemed to be working. Maria came over to us and got right next to Malan's ear and did a very loud and long "SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" and then said, "Mommy, you have to do it like this, SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Dat how they do it on the moomie (movie)."

Yep, our friends had shown us a movie ("Happiest Baby on the Block") clip with a a very short demo of this shushing technique - and we laughed our heads off, because it was SO LOUD in the baby's ear!
Maria apparently paid attention.

1 comment:

Lizbeth said...

Laughing my head off