You know you are tired when...

You wake up to the sound of your almost 3-month old baby's "feed me" wimper and look over to see that your 3 year old daughter has set-up shop on your bed and is now cozied up in bed with you for a little more sleep.
Yep, this morning was a bit of a blur. It went kind of like this: Ben woke me up at about 6:45...goodbyes and prayer...right back to a dead sleep...Malan crying...wake up (barely)...oh, there's a child next to me in bed...feed Malan in bed and try to stay awake...notice the row of dollies "sleeping" on my bed...listen to Maria say, "Be quiet, my babies sleeping" again and again...Maria telling me she is tired from feeding her babies and needs to sleep for a while more (oh, honey, if it were only that easy for us Moms!)...Malan cooing and smiling and Maria loving her.

Ok, I am awake and loving the little faces I get to wake up to.

waking up after her post-feed sleep
the little mommy
the baby doll sleeping arrangements

Side note: The tired not-working-so-well brain of mine was not at the top of its game today. In fact, I left my wallet in the car at Fred Meyer and had to leave my groceries (all rung up) while I ran back out to the car to retrieve it...and there was a mean lady behind us. My friend Cherie texted me to tell me that she picked up Maria's coat and activity bag that I had left on the sidewalk at the church (where we had been all morning). Yep, leaving stuff everywhere we go!

Tomorrow's brain must be better =)


No comments: