Ogden 1/2 Marathon 2012

I need goals.
I learned after having a baby (Maria in Jan 2009), that running a 1/2 Marathon was a great goal to have.
So this year, after pulling some strings (good to know the right people sometimes), I got a spot in Ogden's 1/2 Marathon (hometown in Utah).

My goals were simple:
1) Finish in < 2 hours 2) Don't poop your pants, and preferably make it thru the race w/o a port-a-john stop
Well, I accomplished goal #1 and the first part of goal #2 (thank goodness - hahaha)!

my actual time was 1:57:15.
someday i will get better about stopping my watch...
motivational smiley face markings for Ben Maria Malan

yah for us!
so glad i have a cool Mom to see finish too!

Dad, Mom, Meg, Ben

And, I got to see my Mom meet her goals too. It was a beautiful warm sunny day. It made me all homesick because of all the familiar faces and sites. Ahhhh, it made me feel so torn. Glad to have done it, and will do it again if I have a winter baby in the future.

No comments: