Maria choosing her number. She then counted out 4 bean bags and put them into the hoop, walked up the wall as she did a handstand and counted her bags.
After climbing up the 'mountain,' Maria waved to everyone and then jumped down. She was so proud of herself.
Maria would NOT go up on the little stage to receive her medal, even after a couple attempts of her little friends asking her to go up. Oh well, I guess.
Maria had her Show Day at The Little Gym a couple weeks ago. This is our first Show Day, and apparently I didn't get the memo on how big of a deal it is. We had a rough morning with Malan up at about 4:30 and not wanting to go back to bed until about 7:30, at which time I fell asleep too (by accident!). We woke up at 8:49...class is at 9:15. I scrambled to throw on clothes and figured I would just dress and feed Malan there. I didn't have time to shower or do my morning dressing changes on my bike wrecked arm and leg either so that wasn't pretty.
We flew out the door in record time and got to class about five minutes late. I walked Maria to the door when I saw all the parents (and grandparents, and other friends) inside the gym on chair cheering on the kids. "SHOOT!!!" All my plans were out the window and poor Maria was late for her big performance. I hurried back to the car, threw and outfit on Malan, gave her a "no-breakfast right now" pep talk, put a jacket on to cover my soiled bandages and hurried inside. (Luckily I had my camera in the car for the meetings I had after class. Thursdays are busy day-long adventures for us.)
The class went great and Maria was such a little star. I was so proud to be her Mom.
I guess that is what I like most about The Little Gym: my child gets to learn new things, and be proud of herself. I love to watch the whole process. It is priceless.
During class the teachers would show the kids a routine to do and they would follow the instructions and do it all. I was amazed. I kept thinking, "Oh, I don't know if Maria is going to be able to do all this," while secretly crossing my fingers and toes that she would be able to. But she did it all! And it was so fun to be one of the parents cheering them on. (We all really got into it!)
Things to remember: Maria running to me mid-routine to give me a hug and tell me she loved me and that she was "I so proud or me Mom."
Maria saying, "Mmmmonkey Jump" when the teacher asked what skill starts with the letter M.
Maria's balance on the beam with the hoops.
Maria and her little friend eating pretend popcorn.






2 comments:
Hahaha! What a crazy morning, i would have freaked out, too! Glad it went well. That precious Maria, I dont doubt she is quite the star in her class :)
Mad skills (with butt in air) - so dang cute! She looks sooo proud of herself. And way to go on running the 1/2 marathon - you are AMAZING! Go Meg!
Post a Comment