Da Vinci Days - July 2012

Kinetic Parade
(some cool 'people-powered' float with some random people powering them)

 Pretty impressive just how many people bike here... this is no joke.
Masks on display.
I quit taking pics after this one.
We come to Da Vinci Days for many reasons:  the music (went to Fri night concert with friends and Maria and Ellie danced their hearts out), the activities for kids (making a tambourine, shaker, and a tree trunk necklace, face painting, The Little Gym play place,  and more), the entertainment (the juggler this year was super fun while some of the other things were kinda weird),  the Kinetic Parade,  and, let's be honest, we (well, I ...my girls don't care and Ben was not there) go to check out Corvallis at its finest or strangest!  
It is quite an impressive production on many levels, but I just get a kick out of how bizarre some of the adults are that live in this great city (town) and how over-the-top earth-friendly it is here. The garbage police (as we call them from previous encounters) were out in full force at all of the garbage/compost/recycle bins to give you unsolicited instructions on what to do with every last molecule of 'waste' we may have had.  Oh, I just have to smile and say thanks.
Regardless, Da Vinci Days is a fun thing to do and I love to get out and be a part of the place I live, even if I question the city afterward.

No comments: