Sledding 90's Style

December 27th, 2012

A little history.
When I was in high school my parents bought a 77 CJ5.  We rallied that jeep in the snow and on the roads.  My Dad would go to the junk yards and come home with sweet car and even an old Studabaker car hood for us to use as a sled behind the Jeep.  We went nuts with those sleds.  Lots of memories with peed-in pants, tear-stained faces, an occasional injury, uprooted trees, and muddy and drenched clothes.
I asked my Dad is the Jeep was still running and he said they hadn't insured it for over a year and he didn't know if it worked.  Maria and I went out to sled in the yard and before too long I hear the sound of the Jeep...and I knew we were in for a gooood time.  I felt like a teenager again!  Ha!
It was great.  The sled sucked, but I laughed my head off and Maria and the neighbor girls thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
(Oh and I called my girls friends - 3 of the 4 are pregnant and had to turn down sledding, but we all reminisced the good ol days.)

Olivia and Julia
We were kind of a snow pile...hence the need for a real car hood sled!

Julia and Mar 

No comments: