Maria's day at Snowbasin

February 4, 2013

Last month on Maria's bday (1/12) Maria told Ben that she didn't want to ski again til she was in high school, reassuring her dad that it was 'ok.' We (Ben and I) were both a little let down.  
How could our child not want to ski? A. LOT? 
 (I am sure this will not be the only thing our children will not want to participate in that we, as parents, have dreamt about doing as a family!) 
While we were in Utah, I got 5 ski days, and on the last Monday, Maria came with me - 
because SHE wanted to.  
We had so much fun!  I set my expectations low, very low, and I was shocked at how much Maria enjoyed her day and how well she did at getting ready and putting on her skis, at getting on/off the lift and skiing down the hill.  She has so much fun doing it, and I was in a little bit of heaven too, as a Mom and as a girl that loves her some snow and sun and family fun.

What a cute little ski bum.
*Thanks for the ski and goggle hook-ups Mandy.

Perfect day with my Maria.
Maria skiing.  She did so well...even went on the 'bumps' on the last two runs and didn't fall.
Maria would say, "I can do it.  I can do it. "
We rode up the Needles Gondola to the lodge.
*Maria was all shy with the other people in the car until a man told her he saw her skiing and noticed what a good skier she was.  Maria lit up and then talked and told him and his wife all about her day.  It was pretty cute.
We got a hot cocoa and a cookie and ate in the lodge built for a queen and princess (perfect!).
Seriously tho, I forget what an amazing place SB is - even the lodges and bathrooms alone are fit for kings.
Maria wanted to sit so she could "see the beeeeautiful mountains and play on the couches," and that she did.

Outside the lodge with one of my fav spots to ski in the upper right.

Maria just kept saying, "I love to look out there Mom."
I do too Maria.  I do too.

2 comments: