The Poor Snail

June 2, 2013
Our backyard, Oregon
Malan found a snail
She just couldn't seem to keep her fingers out of the shell hole.
I tried to get her to stop stabbing the snail, and she knew she wasn't supposed to do it... saying "uh oh"
when she would stick her finger in the shell.
And then she stuck her gooey fingers into her mouth.
I let out a shriek when she did it, as if I thought she would resist, or something.
(Look at those skinny little legs! Ha ha. Still love stripes on this girl, even if she
doesn't fill them out.)
Yummm, slug guts on both hands.
So, the snail was confiscated and put back in its home, AWAY from little,
curious baby paws.  Malan was not about to lose her snail friend.
Malan kept digging around for that snail...kind of a frantic search.
And this little bird was NOT happy.
Maria and I were cracking up because we kept saying that all birds really do like snails...
even our little bird.



1 comment: