July 2013
We have a babysitter that is the greatest, seriously. The first time she watch my kids, she was looking for 'community service' for a class at school. The first time she came over, Maria asked her about The Nutcracker, and Ev went on (and on) about all of the dances and the character and the story. I was blown away by her! And Maria just idolizes her!
We have been to Evelyn's ballet performances and ever to her school play... we love this girl and I am so glad Maria (and Malan) have such a cool girl to look up to.
Soo....the other week Evelyn and her mom invited us over to check out their animals.
Meridith's ducks. She got them as ducklings a few months ago. I think these are Indian Running Ducks...I am pretty sure that is what Meridith told us.

A girl and her duck. They come to her. She loves her ducks.
Malan kept trying to grab the goats' tails (and keep her shorts up; not exactly successful with the shorts). . .
or feed them, er, or stick grass in their noses.
Maria and Evelyn and one of her goats.
Malan kept rubbing her face on the goats if she could get close enough. It was so funny. I guess she just
liked the feel of the fur on her face. I finally got a picture of it. Silly girl, that Malan.
Side note: Evelyn M. and her fam are pretty dang impressive with their family farm and garden. They don't take preparing for the future lightly, and I gave a LOT to learn from them. They have chickens, goats (that they get milk from), ducks, rabbits (meat rabbits for eating and they pet rabbits), and a plentiful garden. The kids are very well educated (home-schooled until 8th grade ish) on all of their animals and everything. It was so fun to learn more about it all.
Thanks Evelyn and April.
No comments:
Post a Comment