Girlfriends Favorite Things Christmas Party

December 14, 2013
My house
(Finally, I get to have a Christmas party at my house!)
So, I have wanted to get some use out of my mix-and-match snowman and Christmas dishes, and I got my chance.

Some of my friends: Lindsey, Becky, Lydia, Cherie, Betsy, Caroline, Lindsey, Caroline and Rachel.
We missed you Amber, Liz and Jenny.

Way cute.  Great gift wrapping that doubled as as part of the gift.
Props Cherie.

Some of our favorite things.

To remember:  I have wanted to have Christmas party with my friends for some time.  This year I got my chance, and I think the party was a hit.  The party had a "Favorite Things" gift theme.  We had a delicious dinner and Betsy's dessert just about put us all into a coma.  After the food, we had a gift exchange with numbers - kind of White Elephant-esque.  There were some fantastic 'favorite' gifts! Some highlights: fabric, mushroom measuring spoons, artwork, 'fruity' jewelery/edibles, wool socks, Eucalyptus Spearmint lotion, music mixes, mascara, iTunes, Turbie Twist (complete with Lindsey's demo that had us all rolling!) books, stationary, kitchen must-haves, recipes, carmels, decorative pillows, the most darling orange mini-collander, heat bean bags, purses, drinks, straws, scarves, fox socks, hair spray, wooden spoons, chapsticks, and all kinds of yummy treats.
We played the 'Money Game.' (That's what I know the game as...) The game consists of rolling three [homemade] dice with R L C or a 'dot' on their six sides.  I will have to admit, I felt some pressure to ensure this game was a good one, and felt some pressure (flack?) for playing a money game. But, there was no turning back once we got started and everyone, EVERYONE, got their money's worth.  
I am glad I have made good friends that I would want to have a Christmas party for, and who would want to be part of my party festivities.  It has taken some time, but I have a group of girls that I can trust and who I want to be around.  It feels good.  
Ben took care of the girls while the party was going on.  They got home and went upstairs and I guess Maria and Ben just listened to us laugh like we were in high school.  After the party Ben just kept telling me how good it was to hear me and my friends laughing our heads off till late at night (when we are usually all probably in bed). 
Here's to next year!


No comments: