Let is Snow!

Week of February 7th, 2014
Our house, OR
Let it SNOW!!!
Getting suited up for the snow.

Of course we did.

Maria skied down to the street sign.  Our neighbor was out shoveling and couldn't figure out how
Maria was sliding down the road.  We told him later she has skis on.  He had never seen
anyone skiing on the road.  Always a first.
Malan letting the snowflakes land on her tongue.

This lasted for hours.  Malan looks like she is being tortured, but she just kept saying, "Again, again!"
The not-so-safe hill in the lot by our house.  There is a jump and then drop off at the bottom and then the curb.

I love this picture.
The snow makes us happy :)
Malan whined and cried to "Seeee!" When I finally put her in the boots and skis, it wasn't
so enjoyable for her and she was too little for the set-up.  Lots of drama here.

This girl didn't ever want to come in!
This is right below the drop off at the bottom of the hill.  Ben and Malan are on a tube, believe it or not.
Luckily none of us were hurt.  
Liz, George and Pearl hiked up to come play in the snow.  Unfortunately George took one for the team when he knocked his head pretty hard on the cement curb (hidden by the snow), and likely got a concussion.  He was a good
sport, but I felt really bad that he got hurt.
This pretty much sums it up: Rosy cheeks, wet jackets, smiles, and a thumbs up!
Transportation to Sam's birthday party.  We felt so adventurous!
I got this text on afternoon from my neighbor, Heather.  Ha!

To remember:  When we moved in to our new house, the neigbhors (one of which has been in his home about 12 years) told us about the road conditions in the winter, and reasurred us that they have never had snow that lasts more than a day, but that the neighbors kids like to sled down our street.  Well... the snow during this storm lasted at least a week, and the schools closed for the week (maybe 4 days).  I would shoved the driveway before breakfast and then throughout the day.  We had so much fun.  It was fun to have neighbors to build snow forts with and to snow shoe over to or have fun snow day activities with.  We love being together with our family and not being able to drive on the roads for the first couple of days - even snowshoeing and towing Maria in the tube and Malan in the backpack to a birthday party about a mile away over snow covered roads.  Definitely some fond memories for our first winter in our home.

1 comment:

The Skiing Wallaces said...

Oh this is the most fabulous-est post ever! These are once (or twice)in a lifetime memories! I'm so happy you got to experience such a great winter blast. We got none of it here and were terribly jealous. But your pictures are phenomenal and you look like you all had such a great time! (Sorry I'm so bad at checking the blog! I'm just so dang far behind.....but don't worry, I still have big dreams of totally catching up :)