Library with M and M

Corvallis Library
(A story)
February 2014
Malan always seems to have a snack in hand that she crumbles on the floor, yet
never gets any calories from.  She is very skilled at removing books from the shelves.
We try to pick a couple of subjects to get books about, and then choose some
fun picture books and usually a chapter book too.

Today's topics: Canada, space, drawing book and a Spanish movie (Muzzy)

The children's sections of the library has little pictures on each of the ends of the
rows of bookshelves, indicating what subjects the books in that area are about.
Maria seeks out the stools and climbs up to find the books that she wants to remove.

We are not very good in the library reverence category.
It takes talent. 1st remove the book end, then dump the DVDs onto the floor.

Just imagine monkey sounds and my "SHHHHHHHs, Malan please get down!"
And then I give up because she in entertained and not removing books/DVDs.
Maria feels pretty independent that she can go get the A (or B) key and use
the bathrooms independently.  I just think of the germs on those letters.
Drawing time after we fill our bags with books.
Mother Goose flying over heard and hugs from some random child.

On our first couple of visits to the library, I didn't realize what this bright painting
represented.  Now that I do, I appreciate it that much more.  The painting is of our town.
I like the painting for so many reasons...
It shows the children of today caring for the city.
It shows the river fog that we used to live in or above
(at our previous house).  It shows the streets and parks that we drive on/by each day.
It shows the hills and forests that have given me so much peace since moving here.
It shows that children taking pride and giving love to their environment - which is C-town all the way.

And I am pretty sure that every time we visit the library I lose a child, or gain a child at least once or twice.
It takes a village.

No comments: