This is to Life

 
 
 
My friend Whitney brought me a compilation CD (a coworker of hers' made it for his children) that has a catchy little song by Brett Dennon called Blessed. The chorus of the song says, "Blessed is this life and I'm going to celebrate being alive." We (well just me really, Maria can't sing...yet!) sing and dance to this song and Maria just lights up. I like to put Maria in front of the mirror just to see her catch her reflection and immediately smile...I mean really smile, like she loves herself and is happy to be Maria and happy to be alive. What a great way to look at life... "Blessed is this life, and I'm going to celebrate being alive!" I am amazed at how much I can learn in a day if I try to view it through the eyes of a baby.

4 comments:

Breklyn said...

So true, love the lively pics. Isn't it the best when they check themselves out in the mirror?? Mason tries to makeout with his reflection :)

Breona said...

I second that. ..SO true! You put it so well...through the eyes of a baby much CAN be learned. I'm glad you found me and checked out our blog. Being a mom is SO awesome, and has taught me more about myself and Dave then I think another experience could. I love it and YES it has it's "hardships" as does everything. Very cute pics.

Lizbeth said...

Oh the precious chubby bunny. I love you both too much.

Tyler Waterfall said...

Her eyes are amazing! You are so great, Megan.
Amy