Adios to the OR




I worked my last day in the Operating Room at McKay-Dee last week. And when all was said and done, I think I am going to really miss the place, not just for the things I have learned, but the people I have been so priveleged to work side-by-side with.

I was thinking about some of the things I will/will not miss and here are a few: I will miss seeing the people I call my friends at work (both old and young); I will miss feeling like I made a difference in someone's life (or death, or maybe preventing it...which has happened on more that one occassion...that is something I will miss too..."shocking" huh?); I will miss using my brain the way I did as a nurse and seeing people's "insides" everyday; I will miss teaching; I will miss hearing, "Oh, you are my nurse today? Great, we will have a good day then." I will miss some of the guys I worked with that made me laugh so hard everytime we worked together...good times. I will not miss taking Maria to the sitter (although they were fabulous!!) or the fattening, carb-loaded OR lunches. I will not miss the nasty smells or the sad stories that bring people to the hospital.

Thanks to all of you who made my work experience so memorable. I am really looking forward to this new chapter of my life and so excited to be spending it with Ben and sweet Maria!!
Mega-dine (a nickname I had after spilling betadine ALL over the floor), signing out!

PS: A lot has been going on in the Wallace house as of late, and with our computer on the fritz and a move in the near future, blogging has not been on the 'to do' list. We will catch up sooner or later!

7 comments:

Amy said...

oh megan, I got a little choked up reading your post. I think its finally hitting me that you are moving and I'm really going to miss you. I want you to know I am so grateful for your friendship. Everyone needs a friend like you!! I have been so lucky and blessed for sure! I love you guys. Thank you for sharing Maria with me.
Amy

Ness said...

I can't believe you are really leaving. I'm sad we never got to work together as nurses.
If I had to have a nick-name for stuff I have spilled my name would be urinessa. Not the greatest.

Amber said...

Oh wow- the emotions all came back to me when I saw that picture! What a great work family we had! As crappy as some of those days at work were- I sure miss seeing those faces. And I know that you will be missed soooooo much! You are such a great nurse and you taught me so much when we worked together. I hope that some day we will be back working together and seeing each other everyday- but for now I'm excited that we can share in our adventures together!You guys will do great in Oregon! I hope you get your computer probs worked out soon so I can see pics of your new home away from home!

Chris and Paige Bell said...

I am so amazed at how hard you worked the past while with Ben in school and being pregnant. I say you deserve some time off. And, Chris and I love the new family picture on the beach. You guys look like you already made it to heaven.

toddnjoelle said...

Gosh I feel sad too, like I am going to miss working with you. I am very excited to have you a little bit closer in Oregon.

Jami & Mark said...

It's definitely the people you will miss....and seeing the insides of everyone, making a difference, I can relate to that! Good luck with you three! Oh I LOVE the pic at the top of your blog! Utah will miss you both!

The Skiing Wallaces said...

I just have to comment on how much I love the new family photo on the beach! Its so gorgeous!!! (Sorry, it has nothing to do with this post, but I had to let you know!)