Silver Falls 1/2 Marathon with Friends!

A couple of weeks ago I ran with a couple of my closest friends (new and old) in the Silver Falls Trail Half Marathon. This has been my favorite 1/2 so far! The views, the trail, the weather and company were unsurpassable. Jen flew up from Ogden (put your hand over your heart!) for some girl and running time with me and Cherie was up for the challenge...so here we are!
Jen, thanks for coming all the way up here to make me feel the love and support that only a real true friend knows how to give. I am so glad I got to share some of my 'Oregon Home' with someone from 'Home.'Cherie, thanks for running with me, for pushing yourself and being proud of yourself afterward (makes me so happy to see you 'on the jazz'), and for everything else you are everyday - for ME.Thanks to Ben and Maria too, for being happy to see me and for supporting me in my goals.

Side note: Jen and I had a ball in Portland for a whole 24 hours with just girlfriends! NO KIDS OR HUSBANDS! We didn't know what to do with ourselves...but it didn't take long to remember how to just be Meg and Jen! We shopped all over Nob Hill and the Pearl District, visited Powells Books and Pioneer Square stuff, and had a 3 hour dinner without interuptions.
Love you Jen.
Come and visit anytime...seriously!

5 comments:

Jennifer and Tyler said...

too funny that we both posted this the same day! thank you for your kind words, I'm glad our feelings are mutual about our friendship. i love and appreciate who and what you are for me more than you will ever know. love, love, love and miss you always!

Kara said...

I would love to join you ladies for a race this spring/summer. I am going to be needing partners to help motivate me to get in shape after baby!! Good job laides.

Alisa and Crowells said...

Go you! What a beautiful run for sure! You look amazing and beautiful, as always.

cheriemartin said...

It was great wasn't it. Thanks for being my motivator. C$

Chris and Paige Bell said...

Great job Meg! You are a rockstar!