This morning I looked outside to rain, again. Today I thought I would measure the water coming down from the skies, and surprisingly filled a sand pail almost 3/4 full in about 3 hours.
But when I looked at the view from my front door, I saw this:
Oh, the lilacs!
Aren't they breathtaking?


For those of you who have never visited us, it is kind of hard to imagine the 'green' and the 'rain' and the 'forest' and the 'animals' that we so often talk about. Well, let me tell ya: It is all here to behold!
Last year we had a huge challenge in keeping our hanging and ground-sitting planters...yes, keeping them in their respected locations. On a couple occasions, we had two different plant pots turn up missing, later to be found on the side of the yard with their contents strewn about. Our flower bed gets picked apart, our bulbs and flowers are uprooted, our hanging baskets are picked and picked at until the plants are hanging OUT of the basket, roots and all. Sooooo, I was started setting up booby traps (with fishing line and broomsticks) to try and put an end to the front deck trespassers, but nothing seemed to help.
Early one morning in this April, Ben saw a deer right outside our front door, on the deck next to the door and window - so there is our culprit!!!
I have been successful so far in not having any of my pots or planters or plants removed from the place I put them. (That is a lie, I guess. I have had flowers 'stolen' from the flower bed...but that is free game in the forest.)
But when I looked at the view from my front door, I saw this:
Oh, the lilacs! Aren't they breathtaking?


Last year we had a huge challenge in keeping our hanging and ground-sitting planters...yes, keeping them in their respected locations. On a couple occasions, we had two different plant pots turn up missing, later to be found on the side of the yard with their contents strewn about. Our flower bed gets picked apart, our bulbs and flowers are uprooted, our hanging baskets are picked and picked at until the plants are hanging OUT of the basket, roots and all. Sooooo, I was started setting up booby traps (with fishing line and broomsticks) to try and put an end to the front deck trespassers, but nothing seemed to help.
Early one morning in this April, Ben saw a deer right outside our front door, on the deck next to the door and window - so there is our culprit!!!
I have been successful so far in not having any of my pots or planters or plants removed from the place I put them. (That is a lie, I guess. I have had flowers 'stolen' from the flower bed...but that is free game in the forest.)
2 comments:
We will be battling the same thing! Well.....when we actually have plants in our yard! Can't wait to come and "behold" the beauty!
Great pictures, Meg.
Post a Comment